50% Off Books – How to Behave in a Closing Bookstore
I didn’t do anything today that I’ll regret later. Just bought a few history and true crime titles. I didn’t hurt anyone.
If you’re in the Cincinnati area, you need to get to Lebanon, Ohio, immediately. Chapter Pre-Loved Books is sadly closing its doors and all books are 50% off, with even steeper discounts on Romance and Amish Fiction titles. They also have movies, puzzles, and Melissa & Doug toys. They still have tons of fiction and children’s books.
Their internet is down so they only accept cash and checks. They have unusual hours so before driving any long distance, call them to make sure they will be open. I’ve listed their info, below.
Before you head out, here are some rules people should follow when shopping in a closing bookstore. I’ve closed quite a few bookstores, so I know the drill.
- Do not ask if the books are going to get cheaper. Even if they are, we aren’t telling you.
- Don’t moan and groan about how you wish they weren’t closing, if you weren’t consistently buying books to help them stay in business.
- Don’t run the booksellers ragged, trying to get them to find the specific book you are looking for. The store is closing and the sections have been trashed by customers. Nothing is in order.
- Don’t be that one asshole who throws a fit because you can’t get cash for your club card or points card. People are losing their jobs so you can stuff it. KIMBERLY.
- Don’t make big demands regarding their lack of bags or not having the product you are looking for. They are trying to get rid of everything in the right amount of time and this includes shopping bags, receipt paper, light bulbs, and merchandise.
- They are selling their shelving and displays but this isn’t American Pickers so the price is not negotiable.
- DO ask how the booksellers are holding up. Closing a store is extremely stressful so it’s nice to know that customers are concerned and willing to listen. Giving them a card or a little token of appreciation (like chocolate) will win you bonus points.
Chapters Pre-Loved Books
726 E Main St #31, Lebanon, OH 45036